- Category: Departments
- Last Updated on 11 August 2016
Khmer History Grade 7
- Get students to understand locations and events taking place in human society from the past to the present.
- Students know about the culture and civilization of countries in Southeast Asia.
- Create nation affection, preserve cultural heritage, and protect culture and civilization of Cambodia country.
- Create the emotion that love and peace, but not war in order to develop economy and social structure in the country.
Khmer History Grade 8
- To allow students to understand locations and events taking place in human society from the past till present.
- To create nation affection, preserve cultural heritage, protect culture and civilization of Cambodia country.
- To create the feeling that love peace, but not war in order to develop economics.
- Enable students to be aware of different civilization of developed countries.
Khmer History Grade 9
- Students learn about historical events that have taken place and how they affected society.
- Students analyze global events that have already taken place.
- Students gain a sense of national pride and learn to preserve Cambodian culture.
- Students learn about the Great Angkorian Empire.
- Students compare the culture of their own country to that of developed countries.
- Students learn about the leaders of great powers and determine if any lessons can be learnt from them regarding the development of Cambodia.
Khmer History Grade 10
Students learn about ancient history, such as the civilizations of Egypt, Greece, Rome, Middle America, ancient China, India, and Cambodia. They learn about the pre-history of Norkor Phnom, Chenla, Angkor and Khmer architecture. Students also learn the culture of other countries; in particular other religions and they apply the knowledge they gain from lessons to society.
Khmer History Grade 11
- Students learn about medieval history, the beginning of feudal state and the progress of civilizations, politics, and modern economies.
- The lessons also help the students learn about important political and economical event, and 19th and 20th century in particular the industrial revolution and technology in Europe, the political imbalance after World War I, Soviet Union, France, England, United States, Italy, Germany, China, and Japan.
- At the same time, students learn about Khmer culture and civilization, the hardship of Khmer society during Chaktomok period, Lungvek period, Udong period, and the French colonial period. Students apply what they learn from the lessons to society.
Khmer History Grade 12
- Helps students to learn events related to politics, economics, society. They learn about competing of ideologies, and the beginning of the cold war after World War II. Meanwhile, students learn about independence movements, the establishment of United Nations Organization and the history of countries in the region such as Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Philippines.
- Enables the students to put the knowledge and experiences from the lessons into practice in the future.