- Category: Policies & Procedures
- Last Updated on 22 October 2011
The purpose of homework is to encourage the development of independent study skills and to apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom setting. The amount of time students are expected to spend at home studying and completing homework assignments increases as they get older. We suggest the following as adequate time for home study per week:
- 7th-8th grade 10-12 hours/week
- 9th-10th grade 12-15 hours/week
- 11th-12th grade 14-17 hours/week
ROLE OF THE HOME
Parents can work with the school to enhance their children’s learning by ensuring that students have a quiet, well-lit study place, free from distractions and by providing the necessary equipment.